Monday, January 3, 2011

Khawaja's impressive debut started with flourish but ended with a fata mistake - ashes 2011 live stream - australia vs england ashes 5th test live streaming

via cric.trueonlinetv.com
Click here and you can watch the Ashes live - Live streaming link - http://bit.ly/aQZckJ?aus-vs-eng-5th-test-live-highlights-8
“I had a ball out there,” he said. “I was having so much fun that I just wanted to stay out there as long as I could. I didn’t want to come off. I got off to a good start. I got all the anxiety out of my system and I just loved being out in the middle. I would love to be on 37 not out overnight but that’s cricket. All you can do is learn from it.” Khawaja was instantly calm at the crease and while commentating on ABC radio Jonathan Agnew, the BBC cricket correspondent, speculated it might be down to the fact he is a qualified pilot (as is Agnew). A steady hand is needed on the controls and Khawaja displayed admirable inner calm during lunch as he waited for take off.

Graeme Swann was the smiling assassin. Khawaja had played some fine shots, and some streaky ones through gully. He had shown poise and balance in more than one sense. The left-handed debutant had got off to a flier before throttling down. Then England boxed him in as the clouds darkened. Khawaja went 14 balls without scoring. When Swann came on, after a few pushes, he tried to come down the wicket and force through mid-on: immediately Tremlett was switched to mid-off and Pietersen to mid-on to block that one. Khawaja, to break out, tried to sweep - fine if he connected because there was no man back at deep square, fatal if he miscued because there was a man up at square-leg. He miscued a top-edge to square-leg; his watching parents sighed. The first Pakistan-born or Muslim player to represent Australia was not going to make a hundred on debut.

No comments:

Post a Comment